Tech Recruitment With a Conscience.
Avanti are committed to developing and maintaining a culture where adding Social Value is at the heart of everything we do. We aim to add value to;
- Organisations by assisting them to hire a skilled and diverse workforce
- Individuals by securing them employment that matches both career and lifestyle goals
- The environment through sustainable workplace initiatives
We are proud to have been awarded the Social Value Quality Mark through our commitment to delivering against Key Value Indicators (KVI’s) in 4 focus areas, which form our pledges.
To reduce our carbon footprint year on year with a view to becoming carbon neutral.
To create a culture where health and wellbeing is prioritised, ensuring our staff feel supported in both their work and personal lives.
To continue to train and develop our staff so they can reach their full potential, in addition to advancing the careers of the candidates we represent.
To identify and engage with individuals who wouldn’t typically see roles within the recruitment and tech sectors as viable options. We’re committed to understanding people’s potential and removing the barriers to entry, creating a level playing field.
- Move all company vehicles from diesel to electric by the end of 2022.
- Recycle 80% of legacy hardware by donating to local charities and schools throughout 2022.
- Reduce company national and international travel by 33% by the end of 2022
Health & Wellbeing.
- Encourage all staff take 5 days holiday as a minimum per quarter.
- Assign a mental health advocate who’s accessible to all staff regularly by June 2022.
- Communicate key messages to all staff through monthly company meetings.
- All staff to have on-going flexibility to start late or finish early 1 day per week.
Education & Skills.
- All new staff to receive at least 60 hours of training within the first 6 weeks of employment in 2022.
- All staff to attend 12 refresher training workshops in 2022.
- Identify and secure employment for a minimum of 2 entry-level candidates per month.
Employment & Volunteering.
- Hire 12 people from non recruitment backgrounds to join our business in 2022.
- 20% of placements to be filled by candidates from areas of deprivation in 2022.
- 20% of vacancies to be filled with remote candidates who wouldn’t have been suitable for these companies due to their geographic location.
Avanti Awarded Social Value Quality Mark.
Avanti Recruitment have become the first UK Tech Recruitment company to receive the social value quality mark.
As a business, Avanti has always been committed to challenging the status quo and looking for ways to ensure that we make a difference. A difference to the lives of our employees, the candidates we represent and our clients. In an industry often perceived as having high staff turnover and short term relationships with both clients and candidates, we have worked hard to go against the grain. Doing the right thing has played a fundamental part in creating Avanti’s culture and is engrained in every aspect of our business. We have never been a company that makes big gestures for publicity. Preferring to ensure that as we have grown from a start-up in 2009, we have stuck by our core values of doing ‘the right’ thing. That’s why in 2021 when we came across the Social Value Quality Mark, we knew we had found an initiative that was aligned with our own views. To obtain the SVQ Mark, a business must make ‘Pledges’ across at least 3 key areas where they can add value. We decided on 4 areas of focus, being; The Environment, Health & Wellbeing, Education & Skills, and Employment & Volunteering. From there we created KVI’s (Key Value Indicators) that set a number of very specific and measurable targets, which we can review regularly to ensure we continue to make a difference. We truly believe that by getting behind these KVI’s we can add even more value to our employees, the communities we serve, and the environment. Managing Director, Gary James commented “The SVQ Mark is great recognition for the work we’ve done to ensure that doing the right thing is part of the Avanti culture. It will allow us to further build on our values, push boundaries and visibly see the value we have added by measuring against our KVI’s”. More information on the SVQ Mark can be found here: https://www.socialvaluequalitymark.com/