Avanti Recruitment is currently recruiting for a fast growing and exciting finance business based in Fleet, Hampshire. In both 2018 and 2019, the company was recognised in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 which means they were part of the UK’s fastest growing tech companies.
You will join the internal product feature team, driving the success of the internal product suite which supports integral business processes. The key goals for this group are operational efficiency, data integrity and effective scalability of the business.
Code quality, scalability and user experience design are key values of their delivery approach. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for design, implementation, testing and delivery of amazing software.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual, proactive and passionate about software development. You should have at least 5 years’ software industry experience and be keen to learn new technologies as well as keeping up to date with industry trends.
- HTML / CSS
- Relational databases – ideally PostgreSQL
- Continuous Integration
- Clean Code
- Agile principles
- Producing high quality and maintainable software for the software platform as a member of a cross-functional feature team
- Participating in a highly collaborative environment, regularly employing techniques such as pair programming and code reviews
- Sharing a sense of collective responsibility for delivery commitments, with a focus on clean code principles and automated testing
- Regularly communicating with our business stakeholders to understand how our business operates and empathise with their needs
- Understanding and solving complex financial challenges
- Actively contributing to technical design discussions and decisions
- Participating in and evangelising the culture of self-learning – sharing knowledge with other members of staff and encouraging them to do the same
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
- 25 days holiday annually, rising to 27 through length of service (plus the 8 bank holidays)
- 1 extra days holiday on your birthday
- Life cover
- Free Udemy Unlimited licence
- 15” Macbook Pro, dual monitors and electronic desks
- Flexible working hours
- Great work-life balance
For more information on this outstanding opportunity, please feel free to contact Mike Walton at Avanti Recruitment.