The ideal developer will have experience writing code connected to a system or to industrial equipment.
Avanti are working with a company based in Eastbourne looking for a Developer to join one of their software engineering teams. You will need to be happy refactoring code as well as writing new code. You will also need to understand good software design and best practices around C#, and you will need to be happy to work in winforms/WPF.
Salary: £42,000 + 7.5% bonus
There is also a pension scheme where the company contributes 8% of salary if the employee contributes 6%. There is also a bonus scheme offering up to 7.5%. There is also a health plan and 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays.
- Microsoft .NET application development, specifically C# and ASP.NET, XUnit, using Visual Studio 2019 development tools.
- Experience and knowledge of network and serial data communications (e.g. TCP/IP & RS232/485)
- Windows application development using .NET Windows Forms, and WPF, windows services
- Inter-component communications (e.g. WCF, Web API (REST), MQTT and Web Sockets)
- SQL development, specifically SQLite and relational database design using Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Full software life-cycle awareness and Agile development (SCRUM)
- Source control (ideally using SVN)
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required
- Virtual Server exposure, including Windows Hyper-V, vSphere/VMWare, OpenBox
- Build processes including Team City
- Data queuing/streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, MSMQ, MQTT)
- Exposure to other database technology, including InfluxDB, SQLLite, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop,
- Experience of working in a manufacturing and/or electronics environment
- Industrial serial comms protocols – Modbus I/O communication
- A minimum of five years solid experience as a .NET solutions developer (ideally in industrial/engineering applications), as well as experience and knowledge of relational databases.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in applications and web development, a flair for user interface design, and attention to detail.
- A design portfolio or web link references would be highly desirable.
Other useful exposure would be to other database technology, including MongoDB, SQLLite, MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop, InfluxDB
Experience of working in an electronics and/or manufacturing environment and/or with C++ is a plus but not required.
If you are interested in finding out more about this C# role apply now.