Avanti Recruitment is working with a global leading engineering company at their offices in Reading to recruit an IOT Research Engineer to join their research labs. This cutting edge role will be part of their ambitious Applied Research team, working in multiple domains centred on IOT platforms and connected products. This role will give you the opportunity to actively explore emerging IOT trends, tools and technology platforms, to develop experimental proof of concepts and roll out successful technologies across their global products. You will have the opportunity to shape the research agenda and influence the technical direction they take to solve challenging problems with IOT products. This is an opportunity to exert your influence on the research output which shapes their products used by millions of customers around the world.
To be the successful candidate you will have a good educational background with a Degree, MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Electronics or related subjects and have worked in a research or proof of concept environment on IOT or connected products or one of the specialist areas that feeds into IOT. They don’t mind if you have limited commercial experience but would like to find someone with a research background either in a research role for a PHD or an Applied research organisation.
Your CV should demonstrate experience in some of the following:
- Development of API driven proof of concepts,
- Requirement analysis & specification of SaaS architecture and knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS or Azure)
- Broad technical knowledge of a wide variety of connectivity technologies and protocols such as: TCP/IP, HTTPS and MQTT
- Continuous Integration and deployment
- Knowledge of scalability, security, data privacy and futureproofing concerns
- Experimentally validating hypotheses
- Project planning and technical report writing, for suppliers and for management reviews.
- Strong communication skills.
If this sounds like you please APPLY NOW for immediate consideration and interview in next week.